A competitive pizza tracking system
ecs.pizza was developed during CampusHack, a 24 hour hackathon held in March 2018. It was run by the Electronics and Computer Science Society at the University of Southampton. Despite being barely relevant to the theme of the hackathon, ecs.pizza was awarded third place.
ecs.pizza is split up over multiple repositories to separate out the components:
- Android Client
- Written in Java
- Art assets for the project
- Custom Computer Vision algorithms
- Written in Python with the OpenCV library
- Creates a fingerprint from a picture of a pizza that can then be used to see if two pictures are of the same pizza
- Prevents cheating!
- Web Client + API
- Written in Python with flask
- User registration and login system
- Pizza Leaderboard
- Works with ecspizza-ispizza to verify images
- Exposes a REST API for the Android App
- Machine learning algorithm to detect pizza.
- Essentially a wrapper around TensorFlow
- Ensures that submitted images are pizza.
- The presentation we gave at the hackathon
- Written in reveal.js
Pictures of the Project
The circle in the above picture shows the radius of the total pizza eaten, overlaid on top of the Zepler Building at the University of Southampton.
PizzaPrint, our pizza fingerprinting system.
Pictures of the Hackathon
Images are from the ECSS Facebook Page